Teacher Training Open Event
For those interested in training to teach, Holland Park School is opening its doors for a workshop involving practical experiences, professional guidance and information about training routes. The eventis scheduled to take place on Thursday 12th April 2018.
Holland Park School is keen to encourage exciting, imaginative, energetic and driven prospective trainee teachers to explore teacher training at one of London's leading comprehensive schools. The morning will involve the following experiences:
- observation of lessons;
- meeting with students;
- the exploration of a toolkit to analyse student learning and strategies for teaching;
- opportunities to talk with school leaders about issues that matter in teaching.
Following the morning's experience, which will lie parallel to a School Experience Placement day, there will be an opportunity in the afternoon for those interested to take their morning experience further in an in-depth exploration of issues in teaching. This will involve:
- basic safeguarding training;
- an introduction to methods and techniques in managing student behaviour and attitudes;
- exploration of opportunities for training available at Holland Park School..
Those interested in joining the event should complete the form here.